Kyrgyzstan is a small mountainous country in Central Asia where mountains cover 93% of the landscape. People have been inhabiting the mountains of Kyrgyzstan silk road for thousands of years. The Kyrgyz, who have preserved their ancient traditions to this day, live in harmony with nature. Every summer Kyrgyz nomads drive their cattle up to high mountain pastures, jailoos, to live out the summer months in the mountains.
Due to the nomadic style of life of many Kyrgyz people, the yurt has become the most iconic and used dwelling in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. During this tour, you will have the opportunity to stay in a yurt, experiencing this integral aspect of nomadic life first-hand.
Kyrgyzstan is a multi-ethnic country with more than 80 nationalities living together. During this trip, you will see the lifestyles of different nationalities in Kyrgyzstan. Each evening you will share in the life of a family from a different ethnic background to get a better picture of what life is like for different local families in this mountainous country.
For single accommodations, there is an extra cost of 127 USD /person.
For a boat ride on Lake Issyk Kul, the cost is 120 USD /group.
To watch a folklore show, the cost is 100 USD /group.
This is the first tour of its kind in Central Asia and offers a unique opportunity for travellers to experience the real life of people in Kyrgyz villages. You will be staying with local farming families in their houses which are not designed for tourists and have minimal conveniences because there is no tourism infrastructure in these rural areas.
Size of the group: Minimum – 3 participants. Maximum – 10 participants. This tour can be organized for a group of 2 by request. However, groups of 2 will only have an English speaking driver available and no extra guide.
Level of difficulty: This tour is recommended for people with an average level of fitness and basic horse riding skills. If you have any medical conditions that require specific medication, please bring your own first aid kit with the necessary medications.
- If the tour group is made up of German speaking participant only, we will provide a German speaking guide. If the tour group is made up of people from different countries, we will provide an English speaking guide.
- The tour price includes early arrival in Bishkek on Day 1. If you arrive in the afternoon on the first day, the price of the tour will be cheaper as we don’t include the price of accommodation in Bishkek upon arrival.
- The price of hotels with a 3 star equivalency have been calculated into the tour price. We can arrange for accommodation in 4 and 5 star hotels upon request for additional payment.
- Please be aware that people in the countryside view time as more of a fluid concept than most westerners, so please be flexible especially when local people cook and serve food or organize horseback riding.
- People in Kyrgyzstan are very friendly and, in general, like having their pictures taken. However, please make sure you ask for permission before taking pictures to make sure to not cause offense.
- The same tour program can be organised for other dates upon request.